Topics for Master and Bachelor thesis projects
Keywords: Coronal mass ejections (CMEs) - Interplanetary space - Solar wind - Space weather - Solar flares
Projects topics for Master and Bachelor theses:
- Interplanetary evolution of CMEs
- 3D reconstruction of CMEs
- Evolution of coronal holes and solar wind (SIR/CIR)
- Effects of CMEs/SIRs/CIRs on near-Earth space and Earth's atmosphere (Space Weather)
- Development of CME/SIR/CIR forecasting Services (ESA/SSA Space Weather Service)
- Preparatory studies for the future satellite Mission Parker Solar Probe (NASA) and Solar Orbiter (ESA)
- Radio signatures of flares and CMEs (type II and III Radio Bursts observed with e-CALLISTO)
Studies are primarily performed using satellite data as e.g., NASA/STEREO, NASA/SDO, ESA-NASA/SoHO, NASA/ACE - Wind, NOAA/DSCOVR, ESA/Proba2.
All projects are in close collaboration with space agencies ESA and NASA.
In preparation for a master thesis, I offer internships of 3-4 weeks duration during the summer months (July-September).
If you are interested, please contact me: manuela.temmer[at]uni-graz.at.